Sunday, July 7, 2013

Bachelor Party Boat Trip

My friend Dan is getting married in September in Venice, where I'll be going to attend the wedding. I took charge of organizing his bachelor party, which took place yesterday, during some of the nicest weather to touch Amsterdam this year. I organized the bachelor party into two phases. Phase one was a four hour boat trip down the Amstel river, and phase two involved dinner and an evening in the center of Amsterdam, with a sort of scavenger hunt of tasks that Dan had to complete. 

Our boat trip ran along the bike route I've taken to Oudekerk aan de Amstel multiple times, and it gave me a chance to see the river and a bit of the city from a different angle than I'm used to. 

Seeing how boats like this from the river level is one of the treats of taking a boat ride.

The river was busy, and there were several interesting scenes such as this of a dog and a shirtless man standing on a boat.

Dan with the scotch I bought him two years ago as a thank you for allowing me to stay at his apartment when I moved to Amsterdam.

Restaurant and terrace at Oudekerk aan de Amstel

Real estate advertisement along the river

A classic car on top of a house boat




Sunbathers were ubiquitous on the river

My apartment is about 200 feet from this rowing club.







There were a lot of boats on the river, and there were even more people on the bike paths adjacent to the river. Some people raced along the path on road bikes; others leisurely road on city bikes, often with children; others walked or lounged on the banks of the river.












No comments:

Post a Comment